Thursday, December 11, 2014

DIY Kid's Ugly Christmas Sweaters

We are having an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party tomorrow and I didn't have any problem finding hideous Christmas sweaters for Matt and I. But, I searched everywhere and couldn't find any for the kids. So, I decided to let the kids decorate their own and I'm so glad we did! I just bought two plain sweatshirts, one from Amazon and one from Meijer because of sizes. I got the rest of the craft supplies at Dollar Tree. 
 I bought two pieces of green felt and drew Christmas trees on them and cut them out. 
 Then they glued the trees onto their sweatshirts using lots of Tacky glue.
 Then they went crazy with gluing on all the different garland, pom pons, and confetti onto the tree.

 For my youngest, I did the glue and let him stick all the decorations on. 

 Then I hand-sewed bells onto them. 
They turned out pretty cute, huh? And all for under $10!! 
More pictures from the party to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment