Tuesday, December 9, 2014

{DIY} Closet Makeover to Office/Craft Room

I have always wanted my own office in my home but there has just never been enough space. As you can see in the before picture, there was this area between the bathroom and the master bedroom connected to our walk-in-closet that was just wasted space. I think someone had a washer/dryer there at one point but we have that in the basement. So, the hubby and I decided to make it my office. 
 This is how I've been using it for the last few months and after seeing all the cute closet offices on Pinterest, we started gathering supplies to make better use of the small space. 
 We went to Home Depot and got a large piece of pegboard, and a bunch of different pegboard accessories. The small hangers work well for hanging tins and ribbon. We also made sure to get long screws and washers. The pegboard needs to be almost an inch away from the wall so we used some old wood lying around the garage and drilled them into the wood to make space for all of the accessories.
 I found these adorable tins in the dollar section at Target. They work great for holding markers, paint brushes, etc. 
Then I went around the house and found things like this old bookshelf and the canvas bins that we were going to donate. I also found the mail holder in a box that I am now using to store bills. I got the rolling cabinet on the left from Michaels, originally $80, on sale for $25! The best part was collecting all my craft stuff from different boxes and shelves in the basement and organizing them. Now they are all in one place at my fingertips when I need them and I have a quiet place to write and craft when the kiddos are napping! I love how it turned out and we didn't break the bank making the space useful and pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment