Monday, November 17, 2014

Fall Leaves Craft

So, apparently I moved into the arctic tundra because we are getting pounded again with another 5-9 inches of snow over the next couple of days. I can't believe it's only November! All joking aside, I really didn't know when we moved here that we were moving to the snow belt of Michigan. I had never even heard of it until I started asking around about if this was normal and sure enough, it is! So….I've been stocking up at the craft store and dollar store for snow days because we will likely have plenty this winter.

This would be a perfect snow day craft to do with your kids because it is simple and keeps them entertained for quite awhile! All you need is contact paper, a permanent marker and some fabric or paper leaves. I found these leaves at Dollar Tree. Just draw a tree on the contact paper before you remove the backing. Then remove the backing and tape to a window sticky side out. The leaves stick to the contact paper really well and they can take them off and put them on again and again. I hope your little ones enjoy this as much as mine did! I was thinking you could do the same thing with a turkey using feathers to stick onto it….hmmm maybe I'll try that tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment